|Properties:||Blue powder, soluble in water and insoluble in alcohol and oil|
|Main Ingredient:||Porphyrin pigment protein in cyanobacteria|
Phycocyanin is a dark blue powder isolated from spirulina. Mainly exists in cyanobacteria, red algae and cryptophytes. It is one of the rare pigment proteins in nature. It is not only bright in color, but also a nutrient-rich protein with complete amino acid composition and high amino acid content.
1. Anti-cancer and anti-tumor. Phycocyanin has the function of significantly inhibiting cancer cells, and can be made into anti-tumor adjuvant therapy drugs, which can be used as adjuvant therapy for chemotherapy to enhance the body's immunity.
2. Anti-oxidation and scavenging free radicals. Phycocyanin can promote cell activity, remove free radicals in the body, improve ovarian function, promote the body's rapid synthesis of elastin, increase physical fitness, promote the growth of red blood cells, enhance the body's immune function, and promote growth and development.
3. Anti-allergic. Purified phycocyanin has an inhibitory effect on all allergies.
4. Another function of phycocyanin is a fluorescent agent.
1. Natural food coloring: Phycocyanin is a water-soluble coloring, non-toxic, pure blue, bright and lovely, and can be used as food coloring agent and cosmetic additive.
2. Medical and health food: Phycocyanin in vitro experiments can stimulate the formation of red blood cell colonies, similar to erythropoietin (EPO).
3. Special reagents for biology, chemistry and cytology experiments: Phycocyanin is blue and fluorescent, and can be used as some photodynamic research reagents for biology and cytology.