|Product Name:||Xanthan gum|
|Properties:||White or light yellow powder|
Alias: Xypurine gum; Yellow gum
Xanthan gum is an extracellular microorganism produced by fermentation of carbohydrates by Xanthomonas. Because of its special macromolecular structure and colloidal properties, it can be used as an emulsifier, stabilizer, gel thickener, sizing agent, film forming agent, etc., and is widely used in various fields.
1. Xanthan gum is used in baked foods (bread, cakes, etc.) to improve the water retention and softness of baked foods during baking and storage to improve the taste of baked foods and extend shelf life;
2. Xanthan gum plays a role in tenderizing and improving water retention in meat products;
3. It has the function of thickening and stabilizing food structure in frozen food;
4. Adding xanthan gum to the jam can improve the taste and water retention, and improve the quality of the product;
5. Used in beverages, it can thicken and suspend, make the taste smooth and natural flavor;
6. Use xanthan gum (combined with guar gum and locust bean gum) in ice cream and dairy products to make the products stable;
7. Xanthan gum, carrageenan, locust bean gum, etc. are also commonly used in jelly and candy processing.